Learn how to get rid of snakes and keep them away with these helpful tips from wildlife removal professionals.
The vast majority of snakes throughout the US are harmless, however, seeing a large snake in your yard or home can be quite frightening. The most venomous snakes in the US are the cottonmouth (also known as a water moccasin), the rattlesnake, and the coral snake. If you are seeing snakes in your yard frequently, the best option is to get rid of snakes
With so many different snake species, it’s hard to know which ones are venomous and which ones aren’t. The best advice is to err on the side of caution and not attempt to trap or handle the snake yourself. Calling a wildlife removal specialist or snake removal is the best way to get rid of snakes in and around your home.
As always, prevention the best course of action. Here are some guidelines which will help you to keep snakes away from your house.
Tips to Keep Snakes Away from Your Yard
- Take steps to make sure that the snake gets no food to eat. You should try to remove all the frogs, moles, mice and other animals that snakes eats.
- Repair all the holes, cracks, and gaps of the walls or ground to make your locality safe.
- If you’re noticing frequent sightings of snakes inside your property, consider your garden landscape. Perhaps there are areas where they can hide or thrive easier.
- You can apply chemicals like carbolic acid and ammonia to prevent the snakes to come near your house and garden.
- Feed your pets inside. The food attracts rodents—which attracts snakes!
- Get rid of debris and leaf piles. These are places where snakes love to hide.
- Keep your grass cut. Tall grass is excellent hiding places for small animals and snakes
- Keep birdhouses away from your home. Snakes frequently invade bird houses for food
- Limit bird feeding to winter months only, where food is scarce, and snakes are less active
- Burn your firewood and avoid wood piles for too many seasons.
- Pick up fallen fruit from your fruit trees to deter rodents and snakes
- Avoid overusing mulch in your garden
You might find it difficult to handle a snake situation yourself, especially venomous snakes. Calling a professional to remove a snake is the safest method. Wildlife removal or pest control services specialized in snake removal can assist in safely removing snakes from your home or property.
Snake Removal Experts
Xceptional Wildlife Removal provides complete Nuisance Wildlife Removal services. We remove such animals as bats, birds, raccoons, squirrels, moles, skunks, snakes, and other nuisance wildlife animals! View our complete list of areas we service.
We provide complete nuisance animal removal of Bats, Birds, Raccoons, Squirrels, Skunks, Snakes, Groundhogs, Moles, Chipmunks, Rodents, Armadillos, and other nuisance wildlife pests. Wildlife Control is a common service needed by homeowners and business owners. In addition to getting rid of the animal, a wide range of animal damage repairs is provided to fix damages caused by nuisance wildlife.