If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you have a squirrel or two causing problems in your roof. Squirrels are common pests that can cause damage to your home and be a general nuisance due to the noise they make. If you think you have squirrels, you need to call a removal company fast before they make major damage.
It’s important to solve a squirrel infestation in your roof as soon as possible to prevent further damage and ensure the safety of your home. Left unchecked, squirrels can cause significant structural damage and create fire hazards.
They can also contaminate your attic space with their droppings, which can pose a health risk to you and your family. Call Xceptional Wildlife, so we can safely and humanely remove the squirrels from your roof and take steps to make sure they stay gone.
What Are the Signs of a Squirrel in the roof?
If you are unsure that you have a squirrel in your roof, do not worry! We at Xceptional Wildlife offer free inspections. This is so you can be safe in knowing that if you don’t have a animal in the roof, you wont waste any money. But if you want to find out yourself if you have one, look for these three signs.
1. Scratching or Scurrying Sounds
One of the most common symptoms of a squirrel in the roof is the presence of scratching or scurrying sounds. Squirrels are active, curious creatures that are constantly moving and exploring their surroundings. When they find their way into a roof, they may scratch, gnaw, and move around. If there are babies then you will hear much more noise due to them playing around. These sounds can be heard from the attic or, in some cases, from the ceiling or walls of your home below. Because if a squirrel can get into the roof, then it can get into the walls and ceiling
Squirrels are Diurnal meaning they are active during the day. It is common to hear these sounds in the afternoon and evening as this is when they retreat for shelter (your home!) for the night.
2. damage to roof, eaves, or vents
Another symptom of a squirrel in the roof is the presence of damage to the roof, eaves, or vents. Squirrels are known for their powerful jaws and sharp teeth, which they use to gnaw on wood, plastic, and other materials.
Inspect your roof for any damage or claw marks, look for signs for chewing. You will see more damage the closer to the entrance squirrels use to get into your home.
3. presence of squirrel droppings
Droppings on and around your roof is another sign of squirrels. You can find these around the area the squirrels are getting into your roof and home. Squirrels produce small, black droppings that are similar in size and shape to those of rats, but are larger and more oval-shaped. These droppings may be found in the attic or in other areas where the squirrels have been active. In addition to being unsightly, squirrel droppings can pose a health risk as they can harbor harmful bacteria and parasites.
If you see any of these signs on your roof or in your home, contact Xceptional Wildlife Removal immediately! These animals are destructive, and the longer you wait the more damage they cause. But not only that, the more likely your health will be affected as well.
the dangers of squirrels in the roof
Having any animal in your roof can pose a number of dangers to your home and family. But here are three important risks associated with a squirrel in the roof.
Squirrels are have powerful jaws and sharp teeth, which they use to gnaw on wood, plastic, or really anything they can chew. Make no mistake that squirrels are indeed related to rodents. If a squirrel has found its way into your roof, it will chew on the wood beams, vents, flooring, attic, everything. This can cause significant damage and compromise the structural integrity of your home. Many times, they will chew a hole through the roof, and now you will have significant water damage.
Another danger of a squirrel in the roof is electrical fires. Squirrels do not make fire themselves, but what they chew on does. Squirrels are curious creatures that are drawn to wires and cables, which they may chew on as a way to trim their constantly growing teeth.
If a squirrel chews through an electrical wire, it can create a short circuit and potentially start a fire. Especially if their nest full of flammable material is nearby. This can pose a serious risk to your home and family, instead of light damage, your home could burst into flames.
Health hazards and contamination
A squirrel in the roof can also pose a danger through possible contamination of the attic space and your walls. Squirrels will defecate, and pee everywhere in your roof-space and areas attached to it. These droppings may be found in the attic or in other areas where the squirrels have been active. These droppings and urine will begin to smell in large numbers creating a risk for those with asthma and other respiratory issues.
In addition to being unsightly, squirrel droppings can harbor harmful bacteria and parasites that can pose a health risk to you and your family. They are a common vector for leptospirosis a disease that poses large risk for immune deficient people.
How we remove squirrels from the roof
At Xceptional Wildlife removal, we understand the importance of safely and effectively removing squirrels from your roof. That’s why we’ve developed a comprehensive process for removing squirrels and preventing future intrusions.
- Identification and Sealing The first step in our process is to identify and seal all entry points. Squirrels are skilled climbers and can find their way into your roof through a variety of openings, such as vents, chimneys, and gaps in the eaves. By identifying and sealing all entry points, we can prevent squirrels from entering your roof in the future.
- Exclusion Once all entry points have been sealed, we use one-way doors or exclusion devices to allow any remaining squirrels to leave the roof safely. One-way doors are specially designed to allow squirrels to exit the roof but prevent them from re-entering. Exclusion devices work by blocking off any remaining openings and can be effective in keeping squirrels out of the roof.
- Humane Trapping If necessary, we may also use trapping to remove any remaining squirrels. Our team is trained in humane trapping techniques and will take care to ensure that the squirrels are removed safely and without causing any harm. We pride ourselves in following all local laws.
- Cleaning and Disenfecting Finally, once all squirrels have been removed, we’ll perform a thorough cleanup and disinfection of the attic space. This is important to ensure that any droppings or debris left behind by the squirrels are properly cleaned up and to reduce the risk of any potential health risks. By following this process, we can effectively remove squirrels from your roof and take steps to prevent future intrusions.
Why xceptional wildlife removal?
At Xceptional Wildlife Removal, we pride ourselves on giving professional and humane services for the removal of squirrel in your roof, and any other wildlife we encounter. Our team is trained and degreed, to know exactly how to deal with squirrels, and how to treat them with respect. But we also know how important it is to you to get these animals out of your home. Which is why we focus on humane but effective removal and exclusion methods.
No matter how extensive the infestation or the damage they have caused, we are here to help. If you’re not completely satisfied with the results of our services, we’ll work with you to address any concerns and ensure that you’re happy with the outcome. By choosing Xceptional Wildlife removal, you can have confidence in our ability to safely and effectively remove the squirrels from your roof. Give us a call at 800-929-7163